• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

quality/condition of replacement X?

tranceFusion

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has gotten a refurbished X lately and if so, what the quality was like?

My X is in mint condition except for the headphone jack which looses connection at the slightest touch. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if I get a total piece of crap to replace it.

Does it matter if I call them and have a replacement sent, or if I go to a physical store?

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a refurbished X lately and if so, what the quality was like?

My X is in mint condition except for the headphone jack which looses connection at the slightest touch. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if I get a total piece of crap to replace it.

Does it matter if I call them and have a replacement sent, or if I go to a physical store?

They are considered "like new" so you will not be able to tell that it is a refurbished phone.

Upvote 0

They changed their FRU policy, stores can no longer offer a replacement. Call customer service, make sure that your device has no physical damage or you will be charged up to $299 (non refundable) because manufacture warranty doesnt cover damage.

Typically, they are like-new... they tell us that they go through 100 point inspections from techs. I've heard some horror stories, but I have a FRU Droid X for 8 months now and not a single problem.

Upvote 0
My X is in mint condition except for the headphone jack which looses connection at the slightest touch.

That must be an issue with the DX, cause I've had that problem from launch day. I don't use headphones that much, so I haven't worried about it. My main issue was using the FM radio. When the headphone loses connection it boots you out of the FM app. Frustrating!

Upvote 0
Question, Can u replace your phone for another one(example:droid1 for droid2)? My wife's droid power & volume buttons are stuck, I called asurion (this is a replacement by the way) and they wanna charge me 90 bucks to replace even though the problem was not my doing. sorry to invade your thread.

No. Asurion will not let you swap models unless they do not have anymore of the original left.

However, call Verizon customer service. Ask for loyalty department, explaine issues.. if it's within a year from purchase it's covered for free by manufacture warranty. Usually, if you are really nice and have had issues with prev replacements, loyalty may (depending on the supervisor) swap models for you.

Reactions: joey1213
Upvote 0
I just received my refurbished phone last week. My original phone that I've had since launch day had developed screen problems where the lower 2/3's of the screen was completely black. The FRU (what's the F stand for?) appears OK and no problems so far. The only difference so far is the newer red battery tab (I miss my old one)...

Z.

Upvote 0
I just received my refurbished phone last week. My original phone that I've had since launch day had developed screen problems where the lower 2/3's of the screen was completely black. The FRU (what's the F stand for?) appears OK and no problems so far. The only difference so far is the newer red battery tab (I miss my old one)...

Z.

Factory Reconditioned or Refurbished Unit.

Reactions: zoxxo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones