• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about GPS and screen time out.

letters

Mar 27, 2010
With my Blackberry Bold, the screen times out after 30 seconds of inactivity. This is fine unless I am using the GPS and Google Maps. I always have to hit a button when driving to get the phone to kick back on.

Without setting your screen time out to never, will the screen stay on using Google Maps on the Incredible?

Also, people say the screen is hard to see in the sun. Will this be a problem in the car or does the screen have enough brightness if it is shaded in the car?

Does the GPS fix go away on the Incredible if you shut the screen off? I need it for tracking my hiking trips with the EveryTrail application, but the Samsung Stratosphere obviously loses the GPS fix as soon as I turn off the screen. I don't want to keep the screen on the whole trip, it would chew up my battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones