• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about Loading other ROMs with DM Updater

ACo

Lurker
Feb 5, 2010
First, i just want to say that I am new (as many are) to rooting my droid (and i love it!).

I've been trying out droidmod 1.0 and i have to say that it is incredibly fast.

I was wondering if there was a way to add other ROMs, such as smoked glass ROM to the DM updater...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm just new to all of this and I feel a lot of the info is scattered at this point.

DMUpdater = DroidMod Updater

But what it does do, is install SPRecovery for you, so you can manually install any ROM you could ever imagine

(Nandroid backups, update.zips, ROM.tgz's)

So go to your favorite ROM site, download your favorite ROM, put it on your SD card

Get into SPRecovery (hold down 'x' while you power on your phone) and flash as much as you'd like

DISCLAIMER: always have a nandroid backup of your working image before you play around with others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones