• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about multiple accounts and apps...

lenn0000

Lurker
Jan 20, 2014
Considering getting a Nexus 7 tablet and have a quick question about multiple user accounts with regards to apps. I've read that the last few Android updates add multiple user logins, which sounds like a great (and very welcome) feature. And correct me if I'm wrong but I've also read that apps (in general?) can be set up to be accessed by multiple users on the same device. My question is about apps that also have separate accounts - specifically, Amazon's Kindle app.

My wife and I each have separate Kindle accounts - I know, if we were to do it over again we'd just use one account, but what's done is done as we've each bought books for years under our own accounts, and Amazon doesn't seem to allow us to combine accounts. So my question is, if we were to create separate user accounts on the Nexus 7, and then install the Kindle app on each account separately, can we have both accounts active on the same tablet? Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks in advance

Hey Lenn. Welcome to the community :beer:
I actually got my 1st tab (a 2012 nexus 7) around xmas time to share with my wife and we have separate accounts.
Her account uses her own google login details so its like her having a separate device. She has her own facebook, google+, keyboard, launcher, system settings, etc on it.
She cant share my apps though. Like if ive bought an app, she cant have it on her account.
Same with free apps. I can have one downloaded to my user account but if she wants it on hers, she has to download it so the app is on the device twice, one in each account.
Hope that helps mate :thumbup:

Reactions: davoid
Upvote 0
Hey Lenn. Welcome to the community :beer:
I actually got my 1st tab (a 2012 nexus 7) around xmas time to share with my wife and we have separate accounts.
Her account uses her own google login details so its like her having a separate device. She has her own facebook, google+, keyboard, launcher, system settings, etc on it.
She cant share my apps though. Like if ive bought an app, she cant have it on her account.
Same with free apps. I can have one downloaded to my user account but if she wants it on hers, she has to download it so the app is on the device twice, one in each account.
Hope that helps mate :thumbup:

I thought the administrator could set which apps would be accessible for each user?

Upvote 0
Thread moved to forum dedicated to this tablet.

... Thom

Isnt this a general android question though mate?
OP didnt even mention which N7 version he's considering.
Luckily i subscribed to it because im interested in learning about it but i feel that it belongs in android lounge.
Just my opinion mate :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones