• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about the recent software update

LG Fanatic

Android Enthusiast
May 13, 2014
Northeast USA
Shortly after activating the phone, I received a notification for a system update. Naturally, I didn't accept especially if it was going to make rooting the device harder. Now, I'm wondering if the update brought any improvements? Like better image processing in the camera. If any fellow K10 can comment on how the update affected their device, I would really appreciate it.

Not a fanatic, but here's a good explanation of what's in store when you update to Marshmallow.

Thanks for the reply. My US K10 already has Marshmallow. The software update seems to be just for bugs and or security. I haven't installed it yet, since my phone seems to work fine as is. By the way, that website seems to use the same article for multiple devices. Even devices that aren't getting Marshmallow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones