1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about upgrading the ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oyeah113, Aug 8, 2012.

1. oyeah113

oyeah113 Lurker

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to install a pure Android4.1 without HTC sense? Another question is that my phone's battery is acceptible when I working in my office or staying at home, but when I am traveling around, the battery is drained much faster with same activities, do you guys have the similar situation? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Welcome to AF, Oyeah113!
    We are glad you have joined us here.

I have moved this thread into the 'all things root' forum since that is where you are most likely to recieve the advice you seek.

3. cdunkle584

cdunkle584 Member

Bluetooth always drains my batteries. I keep it off unless I am driving somewhere.
    As for your first question, I believe XDA has some good ROMs that might fill the bill.

4. calikevin

calikevin Lurker

While there are no Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) ROMs yet, it has definitely been explored and is being worked on currently at RootzWiki and xda.

The closest thing available for a daily driver for all mobile carriers would be the De-sensed ROM by Team CodeFire. It's based on 4.0.3 but has had nearly all HTC Sense components removed, making it, in my opinion, smoother and more responsive with better battery life. It has also been fitted with MANY features and styles from Jelly Bean.

You can find all the information from the developer and links to the ROM along with instructions if you Google RootzWiki De-Sensed ICS Vivid. I'd post a link but I'm too new for that sort of thing.

HTC Vivid Forum

The HTC Vivid release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews