• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about upgrading

king cayman

Jul 18, 2010
What's up guys? I have a Dinc (got it in July) and I love it but I kind of want to upgrade to something else. I am on my families 2 year contract and I'm afraid I won't be able to do something until the end of this contract....

Are there any loopholes or anything that could get me on another phone?

I was in the same situation as you and here are your options (that I'm aware of). I was on a family plan with my parents.

1. Does everyone on your family plan use their upgrades? I used my mom's upgrades a few times b/c she was content with her basic phone. You can use the NE2 credit and just have them switch the phone numbers.

2. Get off the family plan early and upgrade (I had to do this when I had to have the BB Storm), my father didn't want to commit to a contract extension so I jumped ship to have what I had to have at the time.

Hope that helps some... I actually want to go back on my family plan b/c it'll cost me less money. Living on my own is KILLING ME. >_<

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones