1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Question on files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scott51, Jun 20, 2010.

1. scott51

scott51 Lurker
    None

May 7, 2010
    Wanted to make sure i was doing files right.I downloaded the big file from 1o min video.It was like 67.7 meg called Simple HTC Droid Incredible Root.
    I dbl click this and it goes to my c: root folder i give the same name.
    I cleared all data on my phone and did factory reset and formatted my 4 gig sd card
    I did dl the astro file manager.My sd card is blank.What files do i need to copy to my sd card?i ran htc sync,i moved the sdk folder from the "Simple HTC Droid Incredible Root" to my root c drive.i did sdk.exe
    From what i understand i just need to copy superuser.apk.What about ota and payload,do i extract those to sd card?there is a file called busybox also which i seem to recall needs to be on sd card as well?
    Thanks for any help, like a lot of others ii have tried the removing sd card trick as well as other methods but i am thinking if i don't have the right files in the right place i am just pissing in the wind...

Advertisement

2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    dont put those on your card using windows... you do it while the phone is in recovery... follow the video to help u

3. crimton

crimton Android Expert
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    TN
    all this should already be in the tools folder correct?

4. tryck02

tryck02 Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    they are but in one video,i think the first 10 min video pt1 ,he said something about copying the files to your sd card,why i was asking.
    I've tossed in the towel,i've tried every trick here,and do fine until i get error,device not found,i ran the edited loop file for 30 min doing all the tricks.i'm no dummy andf i follow instructions pretty well,there is just something asmiss
    grats to all who have succeeded in the root!:D