• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question on files

scott51

Lurker
May 7, 2010
Wanted to make sure i was doing files right.I downloaded the big file from 1o min video.It was like 67.7 meg called Simple HTC Droid Incredible Root.
I dbl click this and it goes to my c: root folder i give the same name.
I cleared all data on my phone and did factory reset and formatted my 4 gig sd card
I did dl the astro file manager.My sd card is blank.What files do i need to copy to my sd card?i ran htc sync,i moved the sdk folder from the "Simple HTC Droid Incredible Root" to my root c drive.i did sdk.exe
From what i understand i just need to copy superuser.apk.What about ota and payload,do i extract those to sd card?there is a file called busybox also which i seem to recall needs to be on sd card as well?
Thanks for any help, like a lot of others ii have tried the removing sd card trick as well as other methods but i am thinking if i don't have the right files in the right place i am just pissing in the wind...

they are but in one video,i think the first 10 min video pt1 ,he said something about copying the files to your sd card,why i was asking.
I've tossed in the towel,i've tried every trick here,and do fine until i get error,device not found,i ran the edited loop file for 30 min doing all the tricks.i'm no dummy andf i follow instructions pretty well,there is just something asmiss
grats to all who have succeeded in the root!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones