• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions about downgrade and root from 2.2

redlancers34

Aug 14, 2010
hello i have update.zip 2.2 and want to downgrade. now i am curently following this post
How to downgrade and root your DInc from 2.2 |
on the instructions where it says: Once ready, type these commands in cmd prompt from your adb tools directory. After every line press enter.

adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/
adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/
adb push PB31IMG.zip /sdcard/

what do i do here? i put the first line in cmd but it failed. i don't really know what adb is and how do i type cmd commands from the adb tools directoy?
help is appreciated

you might have to navigate the command prompt to the directory where you have adb installed
...those instructions directed you to download the android sdk to the root of your c:\ ... so your command prompt should read:
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
before attempting any of those commands, if you downloaded the sdk to another loacation
you will have to point the command prompt to that location... hope this helps

and PS make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone and you have the correct drivers installed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones