• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions regarding the snapdragon processor

Mjcanton

Apr 11, 2010
So I have seen a lot of mixed things about the processor in the Incredible. Is there any way to know if it will be under-clocked or not before the phone is out? MOST of the specs say 1GHz Snapdradon, but I have also heard that it will be under-clocked to 768MHz iirc. Can anyone clear this up?

Another question I have is how fast is this processor compared to others such as the one in the Droid or the Eris? I have read that the Droid's processor is roughly 3x as fast per clock as the Eris. Does anyone know how the Snapdragon compares with the rest?

Response to similar question on another thread:

The first test device was underclocked according to the spec sheet that accompanied the device. However, the later test devices (a couple of which two independent contributors here got a hold of) were not underclocked. Stericson did a device dump of a closer-to-launch test device which showed that the Incredible's processor ran at .998GHz, and then toggled down to @ .245GHz at idle. If you have any questions about specs, check out the "evergreen" thread that Anonimac keeps updated. Everything in there has been thoroughly vetted to give you the closest accuracy - especially with the discrepancies in the published training materials that have leaked recently.

Upvote 0
Now im not a 100% sure on this, but from all the most recent information, it has been confirmed to be a 1ghz

Droid uses a Ti system based on a arm cortex A8 which is the same as a 3GS and ipad A4 chip, a 600mhz proc. underclocked to 550mhz for the droid
Inc. uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon, probably the same 8250 as the nexus one, so it should be a 1ghz variant, the snapdragon processor is similar to a cortex A8

I have seen that the Droid has better graphics system than the nexus one, but shouldnt be anything too bad

EDIT: now here is a chart comparing the snapdragon to the ipad and 3gs, dont read it exactly because it isnt comparing apples to apples,different OS and everything, but 3gs has close to the same processor as the droid, 612mhz vs droid 550mhz, nexus is also filling up almost 2x the resolution
Screen_shot_2010-04-04_at_4_41_49_PM.png

just an idea

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones