1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Quick remote, how's that been for you ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by olivierm, Nov 12, 2013.

1. olivierm

olivierm Member

I tried the quick remote on a UK Virgin Media Tivo and an 4years old LG TV and got NO luck at all. It's not a key feature in my book but since it's there, I would have expected it to at least take care of the TV !

Anyone got better luck ?

Advertisement

2. Stannis the Mannis

Stannis the Mannis Rapscallion

It works for me in both the living room and bedroom, both TVs are Sony Bravias.

olivierm likes this.
  3. Hamiddg

Hamiddg Member

It works on my Samsung TV and DVD Player perfectly
    But I couldn't get the universal remote to work!

olivierm likes this.
  4. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

It works for my LG TV, Pioneer receiver, and DirecTV DVR.

You might make sure nothing is blocking the IR blaster on the top of the phone.

olivierm likes this.
  5. stantheindian

stantheindian Lurker

I tried it at a local bar here in Orlando, FL during a football game (secretly ofcourse) works fine. I think the TV was a Samsung

Stannis the Mannis and olivierm like this.
  6. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Nothing like being able to watch the game you want to watch. I need to try that out.

7. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Well-Known Member

Works fine.

8. olivierm

olivierm Member

Tried again and got it to work with the TV and hifi amp. I found that you have to point exactly at the target device as the beam seems to be quite focused and general direction won't do.

Just need to find what device to use for the UK Virgin Tivo and that will be very useful. I'll post here if I manage to figure it out.

9. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert

It works ok, but HTC's Remote is LEAGUES better than LG's offering

10. dportal2006

dportal2006 Android Enthusiast

It works well on my Insignia TV but you really have to point it straight at the TV for it to work. Rather annoying. I really wish i could control my PS3 with it.

11. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast

no complaints (other than its technically my wifes phone) works for samsung tv and smart blue ray.

12. jwbwd2

jwbwd2 Member

I am very upset the Samsung and Peel are being @$$ es about their remote app! It by far the absolute best remote app out there and the G2 users are stuck with quick remote...ugh

13. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast

The quick remote has been great for me. It works for my RCA TV, old school RCA Surround sound, and my Comcast cable. I'm with dportal though, I wish it would work with my ps3. But that is my only complaint about it.

14. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Comcast box no problem. Samsung Smart Tv, I have to be almost on axis perpendicular to the set. I might try setting up a custom remote and see if that exhibits same behavior.

For those people trying to control PS3, have you set up a custom remote and tried to learn the patterns to send?

15. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

The ps3 is Bluetooth I believe, so I don't think u will get it with the remote app.

16. JohnCetti

JohnCetti Lurker

Took a while to get it working with the sky+hd box but eventually it did.
    It's not better than using a remote by any stretch of the imagination, but super handy when I got home and just wanna turn everything on without retrieving remotes.

17. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

Got it to work with all of the TVs & cable box in my house & one of my TVs is almost 6 years old.

Also set it up with the TVs & cable boxes at my sister in law's house & my mother's house.

I feel like a god

bberryhill0 likes this.
  18. jwbwd2

jwbwd2 Member

PS3 is indeed blue tooth with no IR. I do have a remote for my PS3 but it is the actual Sony PS3 remote. There are a few options out there including IR to blue tooth converters but that just seems like a silly venture.

How to turn on HDMI control, Anynet, SimpLink - YouTube

If your PS3 and your tv are compatible, this seems to be the only viable way you can control the PS3 with IR. Sadly, I have a first gen backward compatible and the HDMI Control is not allowed. I think the ability to play PS2 games is worth not having this option.

19. puck345

puck345 Lurker

I know this is like a year later, but I just started using this app and I think it's pretty great. My only question is, if I have to do a hard key reset on my television is going to work with that or do I need the actual remote? I would be interested to know. But other than that I love this app its perfect

20. Tifferz91

Tifferz91 Lurker

Ugh! My app was working fine and now it's not. I didn't change anything or do anything different. It just stopped working. Even with me standing directly in front of the TV.

21. natypes

natypes Lurker

Mine has done that twice. I program it and it works fine, but when I try days/weeks later it no longer works.

Honestly I don't care. I'd never use it anyway. I don't lose my remotes and they just make more sense to use.

22. Member282753

Member282753 Guest

It irritates me that LG locks down to G2 IR from other apps but don't include basic functions like assigning the volume control for all equipment to a central AV receiver versus each component's volume.

23. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

Optimum Cable Samsung boxes - check Vizio TV - check Samsung TV - check Panasonic surround - Nope

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: