• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick reset

There is an app, Fast Reboot.

It closes and restarts all the core processes.

Please do not take this as a recommendation, I'm a big advocate of letting Android do it's own thing memory-wise unless you have a specific problem?

Remember that in Android (and other "modern" OSs) that empty memory is wasted memory. You will not get a performance boost from having free RAM.

Upvote 0
Interesting...

So basically you're looking for a software/services/processes execution and reload in RAM to have the same (or similar) status as after booting up, and/or possibly emulating (as it were) the overall shutdown then start-up process, instead of doing a full power down and boot cycle?

As far as I know this isn't available in vanilla Android, so you would likely need to be running a modified version and/or app on a rooted device, or have a device that comes with this kind of functionality already built-in.

That aside, I'm not sure why you would need this kind of functionality for general use, as newer Android devices (especially ones running vanilla Android) are largely able to maintain their performance and functionality without needing a restart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones