1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Quick stupid one line question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Allenfx, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

With a one line answer probably.

Mobile Hot spot feature......requires a tethering plan right?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Simple answer "No" just don't use to much bandwidth on the tier you will be fine. Now If you go download 20gb via torrent thats redflag lol but I know people who got away with 15gb or so.

3. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

What if im one of the lucky ones who have the AT&T grandfathered unlimited plans?

I wont be doing that kind of dl anyway, but ...i MIGHT be watching a couple moves a week over it that way....(which could add up).

Are you saying they will just flag my usage and figure out im.....what? Breaking a rule?

4. Well I'm not the Death Star customer so I can't actually comment on their service. But I been part of the bandwidth world long enough and far as I know AT&T has 5gb/month cap. Now keep in mind they will only redflag you if your like 1% of bandwidth abuser and will notify you for excessive usage but what you do is stay under the radar just don't use to much that's all I'm saying but I myself know people on ATT who got away with 15+ gb.

5. checkride

checkride Newbie

From what I've heard, it really is unlimited, but if it's excessive 5gb+ they'll get in contact with you and let you know you're a heavy user. I haven't heard of any repercussions though.

6. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

Rooted-no
    Stock-yes

7. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

I have a novice question for you guys. I had a droid x for a very short time. Verizon service was no good for me. Anyway, the question is about the pics that you add to your contacts in your address book. I only had a few contacts with a pic attached, but every time the phone would sync up, my pics would become real pixelated. Was this just a droid x problem, or will this still happen with the Inspire?

8. sounds like a problem with the droidx do you have them on your gmail contacts?

9. chief113

Yes.

10. its def a droid x issue then

11. I mean the android phones i have had, HERO, Captivate, Nexus S, Aria none had the problem it had to be the way the droid x was formatting pics

12. chief113

Ok thanks. Cause you never see it anywhere else. You are my source for all android questions!

13. No problem man I do what I can to help! :D