• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quickest Way to Find App Version??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Found myself needing to compare old and new app versions on my EVO but couldn't find a quick way. I was hoping there might be an alternative to the methods I used.

I have a TON of apps installed and aTrackDog is slow to generate the information. Plus you then have to view the exported file separately from the app used to create the file. App List puts together a list quickly but rarely exports the version info. And I know that one can get app version info from Manage Applications on the phone but that too is slow to generate the information.

Is there a FAST and easy way to see the version of the app? Would be nice to able to see something right from the App Drawer but I don't see any option other than the Manage Applications section of the phone and having to wait :thinking:

THANKS!

Look at your downloads in the market. It shows the version and file size in the description.

or

The app "Uninstaller" will bring up a list of your apps with size/version all in one click straight from the app drawer. It's not as slow as the phones Manage applications, but it still takes a second or two while populating the list.

Didn't think about the Market. That's pretty good but slow and on a one-by-one basis.

I then tried Uninstaller which I have as well. Took about TEN seconds because of all the crap I got on my phone but the list is GREAT!! Shows all the apps and the versions RIGHT THERE!! That's the best idea so far...thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones