• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QuickPoll: How often do you use your smartphone to TALK to someone?

How often do you use your smartphone to TALK to someone?

• Always!

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Sometimes ...but i do prefer texting!

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I text a lot more than talkin ... [I don't have an unlimited plan!]

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Only if it's important ...!

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Never!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where is the "only if I absolutely have to" option? I hate talking to people on the phone. I'd much prefer text or email.

Proof:
ure7aty4.jpg

(my $30/mo 100 minute prepaid plan resets tomorrow, and I've got 80 minutes remaining)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Where is the "only if I absolutely have to" option? I hate talking to people on the phone. I'd much prefer text or email.

Proof:
ure7aty4.jpg

(my $30/mo 100 minute prepaid plan resets tomorrow, and I've got 80 minutes remaining)

If I wasn't in a long distance relationship, 100 minutes would easily get me by as well. All calls except those are 1-2 minutes max.

However, in the current situation I'm in I ran out of my 100 minutes in just 3-4 days lol. WiFi calling just wasn't smooth enough to use at home. I kept having to put my sprint SIM back in to make a call

Upvote 0
If I wasn't in a long distance relationship, 100 minutes would easily get me by as well. All calls except those are 1-2 minutes max.

However, in the current situation I'm in I ran out of my 100 minutes in just 3-4 days lol. WiFi calling just wasn't smooth enough to use at home.

Yep, I'll be the first to admit that this plan isn't for everyone, but it's fairly frickin' fantastic if it does work for you.

Hating those "2G" speeds the last few days though lol.

Upvote 0
When's the last time you used your smartphone to talk to someone?
Yesterday. Granted, it lasted less than a minute and the conversation pretty much went "We're at In-N-Out. What do you want for lunch?" "Double Double". :p

So, how often do you make calls on your phone? ;)
I usually call only when it's time sensitive or an emergency. There are also a few people I have to call since they don't want to or it's difficult for them to learn how to text (grandparents and dad). My mom has been trained to use text finally and she actually prefers it now since it's less of an interruption than her phone ringing and she can answer the message at her leisure. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Proof:
ure7aty4.jpg

Yep, I don't use many of my 100 minutes, but I do use GV with GrooveIP often.

Upvote 0
When's the last time you used your smartphone to talk to someone?

Personally, I find I'm texting far more than voice-calling - texting - that I have to remind myself that this phone can actually make phone calls just like my home phone.

So, how often do you make calls on your phone? ;)

Some months I use 300 minutes and other months I'll use 500
Baseball season I use a lot less because I am at the ball fields coaching, umpiring, or dragging the fields.

Upvote 0
About the only people I call is my parents. My 84 y/o Dad has an iPhone and we text a lot - and he knows how to send pix and vids, but he prefers to hear my voice. My mother is pretty hopeless in that area, but she's also hard of hearing and I think the cell phone scares her because of that.

I don't know why people are often shocked that older people don't know how to use technology. I am 54 and have a 16 y/o daughter who I often have to instruct on how to use her computer and iphone. And can there be a simpler phone than an iPhone? I had my first computer in 1985. How many young people remember DOS 3.1? I'd love to see my 16 year old try to work with 40MB drive! Haha.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones