• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radio problems maybe?

offanairplane

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
TX
So I installed Liquid Smooth 3.2 and have been running it for a while with no issues other than the known ones, and I can live with that.

But lately, when I leave for work in the morning, my phone is on wifi at the house, so about the time I pull out the driveway it gets out of range of the wifi, so it starts looking for 4G, which normally I have a very strong 4G signal at and all around my house. And it will show the 4Glte symbol but in Liquid it's white while it's trying to connect, and then turns blue when connected. It never turns blue, it just stays white, and data doesn't work when it's white.

So I start driving and it never changes, but eventually the 4Glte goes away and there is no data at all. I can put it in airplane mode and take it back out of airplane mode and sometimes it will connect to 3G at that point but most of the time it won't.

But the odd thing is, I can reboot the phone and once it gets booted back up again, it finds the 4G signal (that I knew was there all along) and connects right away and all is fine at that point.

I am not sure if it only does this when I am leaving a wifi connection or if it doesn't it just randomly.

Is this a ROM issue or a Radio issue?
I am not sure which radio comes with Liquid 3.2, but after I flashed the rOM I then flashed the 605.9 stock radio.

Should I flash the 605.5 radio and see if that helps?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If it's not happening every time, it's probably a phone/network issue. Make sure you're on one of the last two radio releases, but the handoff from wifi to network can cause this problem here and there no matter what rom you are running. Happens to me sometimes(but rarely) and a reboot fixes it if nothing else will.

If it's happening with routine regularity then, yes, there may be something going on.

Upvote 0
If it's not happening every time, it's probably a phone/network issue. Make sure you're on one of the last two radio releases, but the handoff from wifi to network can cause this problem here and there no matter what rom you are running. Happens to me sometimes(but rarely) and a reboot fixes it if nothing else will.

If it's happening with routine regularity then, yes, there may be something going on.

It has been every morning lately.

I appreciate the help.
But I just found out my wife is eligible for an upgrade and she doesn't care about using it. So on my lunch break just a few minutes ago I went and got a Gnex. I am not being a Gnex snob, I promise, they annoy the crap out of me. But I am just saying this so no one wastes anymore time trying to help me with this problem.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones