1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RAM problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Christ Phang, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Christ Phang

Christ Phang Newbie

Excuse me, i have a foolishly question. I really don't how and what can i do for it.

why my RAM keep running so high? when it reached 500+ my DATA will down automatic, sometimes my internet explorer will close self too.

:(:(:(:(:(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Christ Phang

Christ Phang Newbie

do you all have the same matter? nobody have solution?

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

Doesn't sound like a RAM problem to me, its normal for the Android OS to keep plenty of processes running in the background and consuming RAM. Even with 500MB used the SGSII still has ~330MB free, so the system should basically hardly ever need to shut things down. Sounds like something else is going on there to me.

What have you tried so far? More details on firmware/kernel etc would be helpful.

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

yeah, my phone generally consumes around 400-500mb RAM, and no issues found. i dont think the problem lies in too much RAM being used. u mean ur mobile data connection gets turned off, or disconnected, or wat? and i assume ur using the stock internet browser? :) yup, a few more details would help us help u ;)

5. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the same for Android but Linux uses as much memory as possible to cache disk and speed load/save times. The memory is released back to applications if required, so why not use it if you have it. This means that you might have 0k "free" but there's plenty of RAM left to use if you need it.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews