• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Doesn't sound like a RAM problem to me, its normal for the Android OS to keep plenty of processes running in the background and consuming RAM. Even with 500MB used the SGSII still has ~330MB free, so the system should basically hardly ever need to shut things down. Sounds like something else is going on there to me.

What have you tried so far? More details on firmware/kernel etc would be helpful.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is the same for Android but Linux uses as much memory as possible to cache disk and speed load/save times. The memory is released back to applications if required, so why not use it if you have it. This means that you might have 0k "free" but there's plenty of RAM left to use if you need it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones