• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random force close

zetroc

Android Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2010
I keep getting random force close messages. I tap force close, which I guess means the app with the problem closed, but nothing really happens. Other than the inconvenience of the pop up message.

Usually it's .com or .HTC processes.

What does this mean?

Really no different than any other forced close error with a 3rd party app except, generally, these 'core' apps relaunch automagically to maintain phone functionality.
I've had MANY of these errors, with and without running a stock phone. It's an obvious OS issue. Extensive Googling can lead you to find that these specific errors go back before the Incredible was even out. Many people on this board will try to convince you that you're obviously doing something wrong, over-apping or other uninformative responses. Many will tell you that you need to get rid of 'advanced task killer', even though you haven't even so much as mentioned having it. They can't fathom the notion that the OS has glitches, just like any other OS, or that the phone itself could be the culprit. I personally returned mine for a new one. Went one day running stock before the errors came from nowhere. Not overly annoying anymore since I've come to grips with that fact that the phone, like so many other smartphones, just has it's annoyances and the phone is in it's infancy. Updates will surely fix some problems, creating others, just like all other OS's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones