• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Rebooting

Mike_Diako

Apr 11, 2010
Has anyone else here had any issues with their phone randomly rebooting? The issue started happening last night after I had tweaked a couple settings to save battery life. I was on a job site today and the phone rebooted 4 or more times within a 2 hour time period. It absolutely killed my battery too. I took my phone off the charger at 9am and by 12:30pm it was @ 15% or so. Luckily I had a spare battery in my pocket. I have since turned back on the "enable always on mobile data" and haven't had any issues since. Battery usage seems a little bit excessive still though. I have had a few smart phones so I know what to expect as far as battery usage.

I'm thinking about doing a hard reset and starting over again since I am using a task killer. I have a feeling it may have corrupted a couple system files.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
sad.png

Yes! I had a restart when I was not using a task killer. However, I thought using a task killer was a good thing until today...

My phone started having "palm pre" moments while using several task killers (one at a time.)

Stay away from them...I uninstalled the task killer I was currently using and rebooted.

Smooth sailings since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones