• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Randomly keeps ringing for some reason...

Javarr

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
Hello fokes, hoping someone can help me out with this. About two days ago, my LG Ally decided it wanted to start ringing anytime I would put it into "standby" I guess the term would be for it (When you hit the hang up button to turn off the screen.). At first I thought it might of just been a glitch, so I tried powering it off and then back on. As soon as it loaded back up, it started ringing again and will not stop till I put it in silent mode. If I take it right back out, it'll be alright for a few mins, then start doing it again. I have tried running at least two anti-viruses over it (AVG and Dr. Web) and nether have found any threats. I even uninstalled all of the apps that I had recently installed on the phone, but to no avail. Any help on this would be great cause having a phone restricted to silent is kinda dumb. >.>;;

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones