• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Razr M hotspot not working

Rigit

Dec 14, 2012
I just got 2 motorola Razr M phones. Both my wife and I have android tablets running ICS. Neither tablet can get to the internet with the Razr M hotspot. They connect to the phone and the phone reports them as connected. But I can't browse the internet. These are not mainstream tablets but they're good ones. I've not had any trouble until now. How can 2 droids not talk? I can solve the issue by using windows hosted network and connectifyme. Both tablets will connect to connectify me and get on the net through the phone that way. I'd just like to solve this issue rather than do a work around. Carrying a laptop just to route ICS is not very practical. Anybody have any ideas? I've tried everything including third party apps to no avail. Foxfi sucks so bad I had to do a factory reset to get rid of the lock screen password it creates now AND pdanet is now bundled with Foxfi so I can't even try USB tethering. Both tablets are rooted. So is there a way to replace the network software? Is there a way to upgrade to Jelly Bean? Anything.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones