• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root re: trying to root a Kyocera Hydro

I am pretty shure that the phone is rooted now.
This is strange. Before when I ran "wifi tether" it says that the phone needs to be rooted. Now after I ran the rooting script I got online "wifi tether" works. But a prog I have called "root checker basic" said "this device does not have proper root access". What gives?

Thanks Wiesshund. I will let you know the outcome. I have a backup phone if I end up bricking this one. It is a real dumb phone. A LG-102. A very basic phone. Voice and txt only. But it will do in a pinch. My farther was a very wise man. He drilled into me. Always have a backup plain. And the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked.

Upvote 0
im tryin to root my Hydro but i am soo lost and dont wanna lose the money i paid for it =( someone help me root plz

Files needed:
Kyocera USB Drivers
32 bit Custom Action Information

64 bit Custom Action Information

Bin4ary's multi phone root app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31545627
(I recommend release 15 http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1398011&d=1350123242 )

Instructions:
1) go to Settings, "System", "Developer Options" and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked
Connect phone to computer, and select "Media Transfer" on the phone

2) After extracting the archive of Bin4ary's rooting app to a folder on your PC, open that folder and Run the "RunMe" file and select "3> Other" in the on-screen prompts.

3) The phone will ask you to enter an encryption password... don't, just hit "restore my data" on the bottom of the screen on your phone.

4) Follow any further on-screen prompts, your phone will reboot, and you're Rooted

!!WARNING!! there is currently no working recovery, beware of the changes you make to your phone, modify at your own risk

(I did not write this)

Upvote 0
My service is with Boost Mobile. I have been trying to root the Kyocera Hydro phone So I can turn on the wifi hotspot and tethering. I was told by a factory rep and Amazon that this phone can do that job. Boost Mobile says it can't. Boost Mobile says the only 2 phones that will do wifi hotspot and tethering on there service is the Samsung Galaxy s2 and the HTC Veo. I can't afford ether one new. I was also told by a person online that has been pointing me to online articles about rooting phones. Starting with the fundamentals of rooting. That this phone can do the wifi hotspot and tethering if rooted. I have gotten real deep into my phone. though I am not shure if it is rooted. I see a lot of files that look a lot like windows operation/system files. But I know enough not to do anything with them beyond looking. If i can't get this phone to do wifi hotspot and tethering. Then can someone please tell me what phone would be good for what I need, for what I can afford or trade for. I got the Kyocera Hydro new from Amazon for $150.00 Other then the wifi hotspot and tethering this phone has suited my needs well. Sometimes (but not often enough to buy a separate cell phone type usb device) I take my laptop out on Amateur Radio demo's were there isn't a open wifi to tie into. That's why I need the wifi hotspot and tethering. I always have some kind of a/c power to plug into at the site.

Steve
Finally...Hydroc Icon Boost..rooted Kingroot..Japanese Website..after 5 Days..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones