• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Really loose fridge gasket

E6000 seems to be a good choice. I'm not familiar with the adhesive but most any super strength adhesive should do the trick. I would make certain the contact area was clean and dry before reattaching the gasket. If there is a build up of adhesive where the gasket has come loose from the door, I might try removing that with a razor blade as well.

Upvote 0
Chances are if the gasket is doing that and is a number of years old that it's worn out and no longer sealing properly, if so then gluing it in place isn't the solution. You can check the integrity of the seal by closing the door with a dollar bill under the gasket and moving it all the way around the door while it is closed. There should be even resistance on the dollar bill as you pull it around, if it is loose anywhere the gasket is worn out. A new gasket shouldn't be very expensive or hard to install (plenty of online videos) and will save you money in the long run by keeping the cold air inside and allowing the compressor to run less often.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
There are a number of online appliance parts places, Amazon as well. You need the manufacturer and model number of the fridge (should be on a plate or sticker inside the fridge or freezer), enter that info in a search and add "door gasket" and you should find plenty of options to purchase one. The same search will probably turn up some how-to videos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones