• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root really need help i bricked my phone in the middle of the s-off process blank screen

Serj808

Jul 19, 2012
hi i guys im new to android and i really wanted to s-off my phone i was running the juopunutbear and it said do wire trick now i tried and my phone restarted couple of times and then turned on and restarted and then it didnt even start up anymore its just stuck i have a blank screen and i when i run the program to retry the s-off trick it searches for the phone and doesnt find it. please help

+1

I keep geting told its impossible to brick the EVO but time and time again people do and suddenly all the people who said it was impossible, cant tell you how to fix it.

Im rooted with S-ON and using 4EXT - its all I need to run any of the main roms available to us right now.

His phone has been "bricked" for a few hours, in all of the posts on this forum as well as others the worst thing that has happened during the s-off process is a wiped sd card. If people read everything available and had tools in hand they would have very few issues and be well prepared for those that do occasionally occur. That being said, if you're not prepared to turn a $300 phone into a potential paperweight due to YOUR error, please don't attempt any of these procedures. Returning these phones as defective is fraudulent.

Upvote 0
S off with these phones are completely worth the risk without s off and pri and radio changes being possible with s off wed all still be getting sub par pre paid service . Worth the risk to me. Better signal no interface shortage or sms failures

Since your son still try running a ruu
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones