• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really slow

Apr 11, 2010
Got my phone about noon today, charged it and played around with it for a bit. I downloaded about 20 apps to try out, then deleted about 10 of them. I'm noticing now the phone is REALLY slow. Nothing is smooth at all, scrolling home screens is very choppy, when i pinch to leap its choppy. I turned the camera on to take a picture, and noticed it was REALLY choppy, like probably about 3 frames per second. Is there something wrong with my phone? I know it shouldnt be this slow, and i've seen people with 100 apps and the phone is still fast.

Try deleting all installed apps or hard resetting your Evo and see if this persists. I've found that applications are only as good as the application developer, and this seems especially true since 2.1 launched - especially the free apps.. I think these developers use android market as a way to beta test their apps before making a pay application. It is possible some apps are consuming system resources in an inefficient manner. It's like crappy shareware on a Windows machine. Who knows what it is doing. I could be wrong.

If you choose to follow this advice, let me know if your performance spikes. I am looking to get this device this weekend and want to know how it performs!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones