• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reboot

icekat3

Lurker
Nov 7, 2019
Hey, the phone I've been using have started to get a black screen and get glitches across the screen. Right now it's in a whole black mode where I can't see anything, it doesn't react if I hold any of the buttons and all I see is some glitches. And if it does turn on it will only be on for a few seconds then it will become black again. I wonder if it will help if I reset it or is it a matter of the hardware?
Over-time the charge socket have been getting damp a lot and if this may have been the effects and it's actually the hardware, may be possible? Thanks if answer.

Hey, the phone I've been using have started to get a black screen and get glitches across the screen. Right now it's in a whole black mode where I can't see anything, it doesn't react if I hold any of the buttons and all I see is some glitches. And if it does turn on it will only be on for a few seconds then it will become black again. I wonder if it will help if I reset it or is it a matter of the hardware?
Over-time the charge socket have been getting damp a lot and if this may have been the effects and it's actually the hardware, may be possible? Thanks if answer.
so lets first rule out a nefarious app that might have been installed. i would put the phone in safe mode. it is usually a combo of power and volume (it will vary according to models and manufacturers). this prevents any 3rd party apps from running. if it is still happening then i would do a factory reset.

if that does not work then, then it is a hardware issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones