• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rebooting epic 4g touch

The phone is about 2 years old and rooted. It's been prompting to do an update for months. The FH13 system update. It prompts every time it turns on. If you try to complete the update it errors out and you have to battery pull to turn it back on.

It was running the cauilkuns Rom (I probably spelled that wrong) a few days ago it started Rebooting randomly. Which finally convinced to bf to let me do a factory wipe and reflash a different Rom.

Last night I wiped everything including the SD card and internal memory. Cleared both caches 3 times and factory wiped it three times, then installed the toxicstock v 1.2

This morning it started Rebooting again and prompting for the update again.

Any idea of what else I should try? He's not due for an upgrade until July so I would love to try and fix this one somehow.

I had a restarting issue a couple months ago that sounds like the same thing. However, I am not rooted and running stock FI27.

I found that even a slight vibration on a table where the phone was sitting or touch to the power button would make it restart. I compared it to a different E4GT and noticed that the button was literally pushed in and did not stick out of the body of the phone. After opening it up so I could see the contact on the circuit board, it was obviously messed up. I had to take it into the store and get a replacement. Rub your finger over the volume buttons and compare how far they stick out to the power button.

Short version of the above novel ^^^, it could be your power button, and if that's the case, the only thing you can do is take it back and get a replacement.

Upvote 0
You might want to check the battery too! Might as well try everything before taking it in for a new one. Some of the other posts on here mention taking it out and seeing if it spins when you put it on a flat surface.

That might also cause it to restart randomly if its puffy and making the contacts not fit well!

Upvote 0
Just bought him a used gs3 on ebay. :( Sprint is messing around with the upgrade now promotion. I actually had the retention department tell me it's a promotion that is coming back in January, so I should call back. Then when u called back I was told it never stopped just that the account wasn't eligible.

Honestly I don't understand why you couldn't legally just buy out to the end of your contract at any time if you wanted to. Oh well maybe we'll use the upgrade in July and sell it on ebay to recoup some loss. I doubt I'll be ready to move on from my GN2 by then :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones