• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Receiving mms without turning internet?

Jbueno

Lurker
Aug 19, 2012
Hello, recently I've gotten the samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket and its been upgraded to ICS. I'm on a 300MB mobile data plan which is why I prefer to just leave my internet off and use wifi when I can. I find that when sending/receiving mms, I must first turn on my packet data. I find it a hassel to do this every single time and I've also been having a problem. Sometimes the mms will not download and i'll have to ask the person to resend it. Only then am I able to view the photo/video.

Is there some way that I could bypass this and just receive mms without having to turn packet data on? Also, is there a way i can automatically receive the message rather than pressing download every time? I hope I was clear enough in my question. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ok, first things first. If you wanna avoid the hassle of constantly going into settings and turn data packet on or off then I suggest you download a "switch" widget that allows you control over a lot of things like: data packet on/off, wifi on/off, GPS on/off and the list goes on...
As far as MMS... if your data packet is turned off you are not able to send nor receive pics or videos. You will get the message that has a "download" button. Make sure you are in a good coverage area, turn on you data packet and then you can tap the "download" button. Also, what I noticed, if you wanna send a pic/video MMS you have to have the data packet turned on before you hit the "send" button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones