1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

receiving Outlook Appt from office to calander?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlm86, May 16, 2011.

1. jlm86

jlm86 Well-Known Member

How best to synch my Microsoft Office calander , or send appt invite to my Inspire calendar?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

I also would like to know how to save a appointment in my calendar from the email on my phone like my blackberry could?

3. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

You could use Google Calendar Sync if you have a PC to allow syncing between your device and Outlook. Or if you have your email account set up via MS Exchange it should wirelessly sync your calendar automatically.

Google Apps Outlook Sync for Microsoft

4. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

I haven't tried synchronizing Android with Outlook through an Exchange Server, but if you don't have access to an Exchange Server, you can automatically (or manually) synchronize Outlook (or Windows Live Mail) email, contacts, and calendar with your Android device, as long as you have a Hotmail, MSN Mail, or Live email account. Instructions are here.

Any contact or calendar items will have to be on your Hotmail/MSN/Live account and will not be synchronized with Gmail (which is arguably a good thing) or be searchable with Google Voice Search (which is not a good thing since it works better than the built in voice dialer) but you can still use those contacts to make phone calls, send emails, navigate, etc.

The caveat is that is that you need to keep your Outlook contacts and calendar events on a Hotmail/MSN/Live account in Outlook.

5. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

I am just talking about when I get an appointment in my work email on my phone which is not gmail or hotmail I want to be able to set an appointment to the calendar without having to use the pc. I could do this on my Blackberry but am unable to on this phone.

6. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Kuhns787: What's your work email configuration? Are you on an Exchange Server at work? What is your work email client? Is it Outlook? In what format are you receiving calendar appointments?