• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Recently added" playlist unwanted reset

Meksus57

Lurker
Jan 30, 2019
Hey.

Ever since I bought my Asus Zenfone 4 554KL, the "recently added" playlist resets every time I restart my phone. For those who don't know, that's an automatic generated playlist available at virtually every music player for Android. It's supposed to show all of your songs at the order from most recently added to least.

Every time I add a new song to my phone, it shows up perfectly at the top of the playlist. But after restarting my phone for any reason, the playlist just goes crazy and shows all of my songs at a random order. In other words, the playlist becomes useless after a restart. I know it's not a major problem but it's a huge inconvenience having to remember all of the songs I just added and looking them up manually.

It must be an Asus thing because it never happen when I had a Motorola or a Samsung. Also, I'm using the default Google Music App but I have tried using a few other apps and the problem remained. All of my songs are stored in my SD Card but I've tried moving them up to internal stored and the same thing happens.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Black Player does a superb job of keeping my tracks alphabetized, I wonder if you accidently slide it over or something, I got rid of Google Play Music since it would not sync well, with my hearing aids. Maybe you accidently did hit the icon on the pull down, of saying "shuffle", try taping it off, since it should be in order.

I do have troubles with my ps3 in the same vein , the tracks are supposed to play in order, I just say the heck with it, and let it play.

Reactions: Meksus57
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones