• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend me strategy RPG like Ancient empires 2/valkyria chronicles

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
Aside from the obvious getting a gba rom and uploading Fire Emblem (which I finished all FE for GBA) what other Strategy RPG's are there? I don't want to play all FE for the third time now:D

Anyone could recommend me something like Valkyria Chronicles/FFT/FE/Ancient Empires 2?

I think I may give Advance wars a go:rolleyes: though you can really see the age of GBA games on android phones.

Spectral Souls is indeed a less polished FF Tactics, etc. - it's a port of an old PSP game that wasn't very well received when it originally came out. On the other hand it's not a bad game, and it's apparently a pretty good port - a lot of people hated the original because it had crippling load times and the Android version gets rid of all that.

Steambirds might be a possibility - turn-based strategy with steampunk World War II planes and airships. It's not grid-based, though. Don't know if that bothers you. Other than that you're into Roguelikes - Deadly Dungeons and Trap Hunter are both grid-based and fairly deep/strategic, though they're dungeon crawlers (so it's just one guy, not a band of soldiers) and Deadly Dungeons is real-time.

I don't think you can discuss emulators too much on here. Certainly not where to get ROMs and ISOs and such, IIRC. FPse is an excellent emulator though, it'll run almost anything you throw at it.

Upvote 0
You can discuss emus and roms not sure about linkage to rom sites. Emus are more or less legal roms are if you own the game but the OEM of the game/system are not fond of it. I wouldn't suggest buying a rom seeking app as they seem to get pulled off the market frequently. I'm sure you know how to use Google well enough to find roms and isos

Spectral souls is a port but it was done well and is much better than the original

Upvote 0
I doubt they will. I would love to get a port of patapon. But the dev had to have the rights to make the port and then had to sell it for $15 a pop which isn't that much for a PSP game but it is more than what most people would pay for a phone game. Now with the Xperia play out and sony porting some titles directly I think it will be safe to assume unless sony ports them to work on non-Xperia devices we will not be seeing many more ports. It really seems the gaming support is more dev friendly with iOS than Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones