• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Records of any Devices ever activated on a customer account

Does anyone know how to find a list of any/all android devices that have ever been activated by a cell service provider on the customers account? Or
1)History of devices on an account?

2)Items purchased from and activated by the provider?
I'm having an issue with a cell manufacturing company regarding warrantee, and my providers inability to provide any proof of purchase for the device.
Basic issue Re: I did a "HARD RESET" on my phone cuz it was clogged with excess data from games etc...
But didn't realize about some new security feature, so now I'm unable to get past a screen that says "enter the email associated with this device"
It won't recognize either mine nor my husbands emails, and warrantee expires in 2 weeks.
I've called my provider. Asked for a copy of reciept, or a list of androids I'd be purchased AND HAD activated thru them, but was argued with, then rudely interrupted and cussed out and told to leave the store.
I've called the phone manufacturers who refuse to send the packing slip unless I'm able to show any proof of purchase or sales reciept.
I ASSUME A LIST OF ITEMS THAT WERE AT ANY POINT CONNECTED TO/ON MY ACCOUNT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR ME, THE CUSTOMER, WHO PAYS THE BILL....
Can
Anyone
Help
Please!!!

To answer your question,

I can't seem to find a spot in my Google account that states when a device was added, but that would only indicate when you signed in, not when it was purchased, or act as a receipt. If you paid by credit card, you might be able to get a copy of the transaction as proof of purchase along with the box. I'm not sure how long carriers hang on to receipts, especially in the store. Boost and the other mvno's generally are not too accommodating, unfortunately.

What you've encountered is called "Factory Reset Protection" which means that if your phone is stolen or lost, anyone simply can't reset it and be off with your phone. The email it's looking for is the gmail account you used to initially setup the phone, although, theoretically any gmail account on the device should be able to unlock it.

Is the password you are using the one associated with your gmail account? Have you changed your gmail password since you've had the phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones