1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Records of any Devices ever activated on a customer account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Debie, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Debie

Debie Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2017
    Female
    Bremerton Washington
    Does anyone know how to find a list of any/all android devices that have ever been activated by a cell service provider on the customers account? Or
    1)History of devices on an account?

2)Items purchased from and activated by the provider?
    I'm having an issue with a cell manufacturing company regarding warrantee, and my providers inability to provide any proof of purchase for the device.
    Basic issue Re: I did a "HARD RESET" on my phone cuz it was clogged with excess data from games etc...
    But didn't realize about some new security feature, so now I'm unable to get past a screen that says "enter the email associated with this device"
    It won't recognize either mine nor my husbands emails, and warrantee expires in 2 weeks.
    I've called my provider. Asked for a copy of reciept, or a list of androids I'd be purchased AND HAD activated thru them, but was argued with, then rudely interrupted and cussed out and told to leave the store.
    I've called the phone manufacturers who refuse to send the packing slip unless I'm able to show any proof of purchase or sales reciept.
    I ASSUME A LIST OF ITEMS THAT WERE AT ANY POINT CONNECTED TO/ON MY ACCOUNT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR ME, THE CUSTOMER, WHO PAYS THE BILL....
    Can
    Anyone
    Help
    Please!!!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    To answer your question,

I can't seem to find a spot in my Google account that states when a device was added, but that would only indicate when you signed in, not when it was purchased, or act as a receipt. If you paid by credit card, you might be able to get a copy of the transaction as proof of purchase along with the box. I'm not sure how long carriers hang on to receipts, especially in the store. Boost and the other mvno's generally are not too accommodating, unfortunately.

What you've encountered is called "Factory Reset Protection" which means that if your phone is stolen or lost, anyone simply can't reset it and be off with your phone. The email it's looking for is the gmail account you used to initially setup the phone, although, theoretically any gmail account on the device should be able to unlock it.

Is the password you are using the one associated with your gmail account? Have you changed your gmail password since you've had the phone?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Yep.
    You're gonna need your Gmail account and password to move forward with this issue... No work around.