• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recovering deleted album of photos?

stanw

Aug 5, 2010
I accidently selected an entire album of photos and deleted them when I really only wanted to delete the photo that displayed as the thumbnail for the album. it was a stupid mistake and I was in a hurry though it didn't ask me to confirm the entire album being deleted. Is there an undo?

Thanks.

ANY app you install on the phone can get installed right over the file you're trying to recover. Once there's a deleted file you need to recover, whether it's on a cellphone, a PC or a supercomputer, you stop using the device until you recover the file. You DO NOT deliberately write to the device, like by installing an app.

Then again, it depends on how important those photos are. If they're not, accept that you've lost them. If you are, there are shops that have hardware devices that can go into the phone's storage and recover deleted files - and they charge a lot to do it.

Upvote 0
I bought a WD MyCloud drive and with the WD Photos app, whenever I take a photo or movie, it instantly starts uploading to the MyCloud drive without me having to do anything.

I don't trust those internet cloud web places. Just the fact Google owns all your email on your gmail account and can do what they want with it... I don't know whats hidden under the TOS with Dropbox or any other ones.

With a home cloud service, I never have to pay a monthly fee and I know my data is my data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones