• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.3.7

junkie2100

Android Expert
Mar 11, 2012
cwm bootable... not sure how well it works and youll need to use the terminal install method because im pretty sure fastboot wont write it though if someone would check that it would be appreciated

to install, put the recovery image on the root of your sd card. that means straight on the card no folders

you will then need to make sure you are rooted and get either terminal emulator on the phone or an adb connection

for adb use the

adb shell

command, for terminal emulator just start it up

then type the following two commands

Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/warplte_cwm.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16

seemingly functional, havent tested a factory reset because i have nothing to reset lol, backup and restore seem to work though it thinks its the 1970s for whatever reason, usb mass storage doesnt work, and some partitions wont work like internal_sd and sdcarddata, not sure whats up with that but i can worry about that later as long as the main functionality is there im happy for now

http://unleashedprepaids.com/upload/devs/junkie2100/warplte_cwm.img

nobody has tried it yet? we need to.know if it works or not for any.custom roms to be worked on, and if it doesnt work it needs to be fixed first, we have to have a known working cwm before any other development can take place

As soon as I have the phone in hand, I will test it. :) Scraping up the money for it now.;)

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
lol sorry bout that, check the thread looking for a cwm dev, it has a download called sdcard0 which contains partitions 15 16 and 17. 16 being boot and 16 being recovery

i should be getting a dev unit shortly, so hopefully i can do some testing on my own making things easier

good to.know the bootloader isnt locked tho

Upvote 0
I am a seasoned developer. been out of it a few years. I used to build source roms for the droid 1 and droid 2 global. I hate recoveries... but im very useful. Tell me what you need from me and ill test for you. I am compiling device specific files into the source tree to build an AOSP master ROM right now on 4.3. Of course i require your recovery services before i can test :p

Just let me know what you can crank out and I'll flash happy it. No worries

Upvote 0
awesome, just be careful any android.over 4.1 generally gives problems with the sdcard mounting on a zte. but yea basically my first thought on a culprit is the display, you could try getting a logcat from the current one for me if possible, at least if we xan get logcat or dmsg we will know what is going wrong

Upvote 0
Ok so the USB doesnt work. I split the stock recovery and copied the scripts over to yours and was able to get the usb interface up. I got a dmesg and output it to a file after mounting data manually. I will figure out what is broken in your ramdisk scripts and send the fix for usb to you tomorrow. Either way, here is the DMESG and hopefully it helps you out.

Attachments

• dmesg.doc
    128 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones