• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery][CWM] ClockworkMod v6.0.3.7 (~WORKING!)

to get external to mount you need to define LUN
in BoardConfig.mk it'd look something like this:
BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE := "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"
(might need to be edited with proper locations) but this should fix external mounting

I figured as much. Where do I locate this file?

Er, nvm, found it. :)

Upvote 0
yep, there may be slightly more to it than just that entry but thats the gist of it. also the internal/external switch is triggered by actually mounting internal via the fstab if im not mistaken. youll have to find the right fstab setup, but usually internal isnt the best option anyhow. it tends to get erased with the data partition causing you to lose your backups every time you mess with stuff in cwm

Upvote 0
And before you ask, I haven't been successful in getting CM10.1 to boot. (Sits on the picture of the android forever) Not sure why, really. I'm new to building CM, so help would be appreciated!

As I stated, it just sits on the picture of the startup android image. I do have limited adb access, so I can reboot the device but can't open the shell (get a file not found error, so I assume /system isn't mounting somehow)

Yea thats not mounting system correctly. Can you post a link for the boot.img from build?

Upvote 0
Yea thats not mounting system correctly. Can you post a link for the boot.img from build?
I'm going to rebuild it while I'm out to lunch, then post it. I don't have it anymore atm. Also, I haven't synced the 4.4 branch at all yet, still on 10.1.

Edit:
Okay, so I'm not going to build it. I'm getting this error for whatever reason >.<
Code:
hardware/qcom/display/libexternal/external.cpp:451:31: error: aggregate 'qhwc::ExternalDisplay::post()::mdp_display_commit ext_commit' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

Upvote 0
I'm going to rebuild it while I'm out to lunch, then post it. I don't have it anymore atm. Also, I haven't synced the 4.4 branch at all yet, still on 10.1.

Edit:
Okay, so I'm not going to build it. I'm getting this error for whatever reason >.<
Code:
hardware/qcom/display/libexternal/external.cpp:451:31: error: aggregate 'qhwc::ExternalDisplay::post()::mdp_display_commit ext_commit' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

are you building with display variant set to caf?

also, you may very well have to do some major tweaking of the includes. generally a modded msm_mdp.h has to be used in the /include/linux/ directory of the device tree but has to be based on the kernel. my current issues seem to be ion related though im sure thats not the only problem

Upvote 0
are you building with display variant set to caf?

also, you may very well have to do some major tweaking of the includes. generally a modded msm_mdp.h has to be used in the /include/linux/ directory of the device tree but has to be based on the kernel. my current issues seem to be ion related though im sure thats not the only problem
I'm not sure. I had it working originally, but along the lines it got messed up. Now I'm just trying to get CM11 to build. -_-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones