• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery] CWM Touch based

Here's the link to it. I do not take any credit for making it. Its made for the Huawei Ideos x6 and all other FB0 Devices (Triumph is one of them). It works good so far. A little different layout for selct and back and such. Also the touch input seems to be off a row so to click the very first option you have to click the second, and same for the rest of it... Its pretty nice. Again I take no credit for this I only found it on the Ideos X6 Xda thread.

With my fat fingers, I just don't trust myself to use a touchbased recovery on the phone LOL

I use a a similar one called TWRP on my HP Touchpad running CM7 and it's nice.

Napstar said:
Originally Posted by Sergekarol
Really good programming, much easier to use. My only suggestion is to make the bars wider. I have big fingers.
My changes are developer friendly. What i mean by that is, if you know how to extract and re-pack recovery.img file for our device then you can just replace button.png and button-sel.png to your choice. Graphical menu will adjust itself.
Anyway, i will release a separate version too, so as to make this process more friendly.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using XDA App

You can edit it if you want for bigger fingers :D

Nice... although I would want that small bug (touch accuracy) fixed before I used it.

I am using it but it is kinda annoying with that touch bug... but there are touch arrows, select, and back buttons that work fine at the bottom.

I wonder... Would there be anyone who could edit the recovery.img to fix the touch to actually select what you touch?

Upvote 0
Hey Marc, have you tried backup/restore with this?
Of the 2 backups I tried, neither would restore.
One boot looped, and the other refused with an md5 mismatch.
A previous backup I made with a non touch screen version of 5.0.2.7 restored fine.

Anyone else?

I made a backup with it just the other day to try out Andro-Id and after that it restored fine... So I don't know what's wrong... You can try reflashing the recovery to see if that works.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the linkage....used it to backup my Triumph with a completely dead touchscreen so was able to use this one since it lets you select commands using the power button.

I may keep it as my default recovery when the new phone arrives.

I like it :D, just if you use Miui you can't flash it using this for some reason... But its nice.

Upvote 0
There wasn't an update, the only thing that can't be flashed with this is Miui so if you don't use it, then it just depends sometimes its easier sometimes not so its just personal preference.

Hmmm, I'll just stick with the non-touch interface version for now until the bugs are worked out. Thanks.

@Prey521 Glad it worked for ya !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones