• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root recovery problems

V1S10N

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
MN
First I'd like to thank anyone who has any suggestions on what to do here.

My problem is that when I try to get into recovery(any of them) my evo just reboots. I have tried to boot to recovery from rom manager, power/vol-, and adb. I know that there is a recovery there because every so often It will boot to it. Maybe 1 out of 10 times. I have flashed and reflashed recovery and now am out of ideas. I'm hoping that there is someway to fix this because it is currently keeping me from installing a rom.

Evo - rooted with Revolutionary
hboot - 6.16.1002
current installed recovery - Team Win
rom - Xplod E4g 2.0.1

Problem is that that I currently have no ROM installed. I tried to install Explod and thats as far as it got. So basically I have no rom and a recovery that is next to impossible to get into. Also(not sure if its related) the phone seems to restart itself at random times. Including while I'm trying to flash a rom or anything from recovery. All I have easy access to is fastboot.
Thanks for the help so far!

Upvote 0
Problem is that that I currently have no ROM installed. I tried to install Explod and thats as far as it got. So basically I have no rom and a recovery that is next to impossible to get into. Also(not sure if its related) the phone seems to restart itself at random times. Including while I'm trying to flash a rom or anything from recovery. All I have easy access to is fastboot.
Thanks for the help so far!
so no recovery? do you have access to a card reader? if so then go to http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. it has a section called switching recoveries. follow that to get you a custom recovery.

Upvote 0
hmm... never heard of that one before.... if you havent tried install amon ra recovery. if that doesnt work, i would try to reroot. that might just be the eisest way to go. to reroot, you first have to unroot. go to htcevohacks.com. Look for the how to unroot tab at the top. follow that step. then let it do its thing. then you will have to update the phone to get back to gingerbred. then just root gingerbread via the sticky thread on how to. this is honestly a very weird problem. mabey just a glitch when u rooted ur fone.

Good luck with whatever u do

Reactions: V1S10N
Upvote 0
Do I need to install the recovery from the PC36IMG method or can I send it through fastboot?

it needs to be in hboot. not sure what you mean by fastboot. that is an option that comes with gingerbread where you can put the phone to sleep but not really off. and when you turn it on it is booted up without having to go through the splash screen and boot animation. follow the directions in the guide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones