• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reduce number of widgets w/o uninstall?

eyc

May 2, 2010
Chicago, IL
I hope that more developers allow users to choose how many widgets are displayed for their apps. For example, mClock permits the user to decide exactly what widgets will show in the widget tray. Pure Calendar Beautiful Widgets, on the other hand, blasts the widget tray with dozens of widgets, all but one of which I do not use. Seems rather inefficient.

Seriously! I've got probably 20 pages (just counted....19 pages) of widgets and it's crazy having to scroll through them to find anything. What I don't understand is why devolopers make widgets that do exactly the same thing as a launch icon. Total waste of space! Wish I could pick and choose which ones I wanted to keep in the widget tray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones