• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Refurb replacement phone issues

varaonaid

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
VT!
Hello,

I had to get my phone replaced because it became defective and I couldn't hear the caller on the other end either through the earpiece or speakerphone. However, my replacement phone is a refurb and has two-three issues. The first is that both the earpiece and speaker-phone speaker has a bad sort of rattle to them, like they're distorting fairly badly. The second issue is regarding the screen. About 1" up from the bottom of the screen, there's a half inch band that pixelates into strange horizontal lines whenever I scroll anything on the screen. The rest of the screen scrolls perfectly.

Are any of the above "known" DX issues? If you were me, would you ask for another replacement? My original DX didn't have problem issue so I'm kinda (to put it mildly) frustrated that the replacement one is having these issues.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rae

Hello,

I had to get my phone replaced because it became defective and I couldn't hear the caller on the other end either through the earpiece or speakerphone. However, my replacement phone is a refurb and has two-three issues. The first is that both the earpiece and speaker-phone speaker has a bad sort of rattle to them, like they're distorting fairly badly. The second issue is regarding the screen. About 1" up from the bottom of the screen, there's a half inch band that pixelates into strange horizontal lines whenever I scroll anything on the screen. The rest of the screen scrolls perfectly.

Are any of the above "known" DX issues? If you were me, would you ask for another replacement? My original DX didn't have problem issue so I'm kinda (to put it mildly) frustrated that the replacement one is having these issues.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rae

You might have got my old phone! I had the pixelating issue and they replaced it. Call them back and tell them to ship you another asap.

Upvote 0
Thanks again everyone! Replacement DX on its way with minimal hassle, though they did charge me for 2 day shipping which is new. At least I'll have a chance at a better device! Crossing fingers...I have to say I have my doubts whether any of these "Certified Like New" phones ever get any work done to them. But perhaps that's just my cynical side coming out.

Anyway, you all gave me the encouragement I needed and for that I'm extremely grateful!!! :) Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've never heard of anyone being charged for a replacement phone under warranty. Call customer service and tell them your issue is that the replacement they sent you was bad out of the box, I guarantee they'll credit you back the money. That's just illogical.

Agreed. VZW is usually pretty good at replacing defectives at no cost to the owner. Must have slipped through the cracks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones