• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Regularly Backup Your Phone

Scur

Android Expert
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just a quick reminder to to anyone doing any kind of modding to their phone. Backups can save you time and data if you keep up on top of them. Even if you don't do anything to your phone for a while, backup your stuff. You never know when the odd glitch or rogue app might bring you to a screeching halt and force you to reinstall apps, your ROM, or even force you to SBF to stock.
  • keep a recent nandroid backup on your phone or computer
  • backup your apps with an app manager
  • keep contacts synced
  • use a seperate backup app for data you don't wish to lose (MyBackup is a good example)
Remember, any lose due to not having backed up your stuff is your own fault. If you consider it a waste of your time or are sure you won't need to, odds are you'll regret it at some point.

Reactions: Lycan84
I did a backup yesterday and was going through the system recovery menu and clicked wipe factory/user data. I thought my entire system was gone. Then I remembered I had drop box on the computer and after going back through the long process of reinstalling apps to get my phone to near where it was. I dl'd the apk for system recovery from drop box and restored my phone. Seriously do the backups you'll be glad you did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones