• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date is July 31st

Great let the countdown begin......

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the lucky few have them already, and bestbuy mobile has them in stock but not for sale. sorry thought this was the triumph thread

Upvote 0
I looked at the Motorola photon page on sprint today they have July 31st listed as the release date.

Sprint | Introducing the Motorola Photon

You get post of the day, especially as a first post. Thing is, it should be noted that when it came up for me, it says July 24th!

-EDIT- Nevermind. When I clicked the link from my computer, it doesn't say anything. Weird...LOL. I wish I could do print screen from my EVO, which is where I initially clicked.

Sooner than I expected, but AWESOME news for my last day of vacation.

Upvote 0
You get post of the day, especially as a first post. Thing is, it should be noted that when it came up for me, it says July 24th!

-EDIT- Nevermind. When I clicked the link from my computer, it doesn't say anything. Weird...LOL. I wish I could do print screen from my EVO, which is where I initially clicked.

Sooner than I expected, but AWESOME news for my last day of vacation.

Figured out it's something with my Google Chrome at home not showing the full flash visuals, so I used Internet Explorer to confirm!

$199 on July 24th!

-EDIT- Okay, I saw July 24th on the screen, but then in the description it clearly says July 31...LOL...I'm a little to hype about this...hahaha

Attachments

• Motorola Photon 4G - Sprint Website Print Screen.jpg
    Motorola Photon 4G - Sprint Website Print Screen.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
im curious to see if the release version of this phone differs from the one i have. i have noticed a few difference in lots of pictures and videos i have looked at on the net. most notably is the placement of the Motorola and Sprint banners. i have see Sprint printed on the back and Motorola on the front below the capacitive buttons. the business pro pic above shows just Motorola on the front. the Photon i have shows Sprint at the bottom below the capacitive buttons and Motorola at the top below the earpiece. just curious to see the final product.

Upvote 0
With people talking about possible July 24 release, I went to a Sprint Corporate store yesterday to see if they had one to mess around with and I was told it is "delayed". He did not give me any more detail.

You might as well not have said anything about it, unless you had more info...sheesh, now I'm thinking I wasted money on express shipping for my gift cards, just to have them in time to buy the phone at Best Buy...ugh.

Upvote 0
Same story at my local Sprint store, the manager there told me I was the first one to ask about it. He is making sure that he has some coming in Friday, so he can sell me one Sunday morning. (No UPS delivery on Sat/Sun)

I was at the Sprint store Friday and the manager didn't mention anything about a delay. He said to call this Friday night to see if they had gotten any in to sell Sunday. It didn't sound like there had been anyone asking about the Photon (besides me).

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Well I hope the guy I spoke to was wrong. There's another store on my way home from work. I'll ask there tonight.

Either that, or maybe that particular store will be delayed in getting it, but not other stores?

OR...maybe they're just preparing for more sales than they originally anticipated for the Photon now that it's getting close? 4 days away from "early" premier customer purchase.

Upvote 0

As I was looking at this, I noticed something odd.
lensu.jpg

Why does that lens say zoom??? this camera cannot have an actual zoom in it does it? I'm not talking digital zoom as it has been established that digital zoom must be labeled as such.

don't derail this thread, but I am just curious.

And three of my local stores say the 31st and no report of a delay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones