• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Leak of Official FRF84b for droid

I installed this on my phone VIA Rom Manager, and now my phone keeps crashing and powering off and force closing everything, this is a BUGGED beast to me. what is going on can anybody help me? i have 1.25 kernel installed can that be it maybe?

This isn't a thread about Buggles Beast, you need to post in the Buggles Beast 0.3 thread if you want help with it... but to answer your question, yes it is your kernel, your phone can not handle 1.25 (some phones can some can't)... You need to try a different kernel.

Upvote 0
I wiped first and flashed this new build. It works flawless for me, but its not any faster in any of the popular benchmark programs from the market than my bb .3 froyo with 1ghz kernal from P3. All the benckmark numbers are almost identical. Everything does work, but it all did before too with BB. So this was kinda pointless unless you were having issues with other leaked ROMs. I havent had issues with a leaked 2.2 ROM since the first one came out. This one does work, but I think Im going back to BB because all my shit was already setup. Nandroid restore, here I come.

Upvote 0
I wiped first and flashed this new build. It works flawless for me, but its not any faster in any of the popular benchmark programs from the market than my bb .3 froyo with 1ghz kernal from P3. All the benckmark numbers are almost identical. Everything does work, but it all did before too with BB. So this was kinda pointless unless you were having issues with other leaked ROMs. I havent had issues with a leaked 2.2 ROM since the first one came out. This one does work, but I think Im going back to BB because all my shit was already setup. Nandroid restore, here I come.

I am one who's been having problems w/2.2 ROMs, and while it's only been a short while, this leak feels better/stable than anything else Froyo I have run (leak-based ROM or source-based ROM). After one reboot to let the market settle down, everything is OK.

Have to see if that holds up longer-term, but after an hour and a half or so, this feels really good to me. I'd recommend this for those who have had Froyo ROM issues...and as noted, I installed over BBv0.3 after wiping system/cache, but w/out wiping data.

I've been hurt before, so bring it, FRF84b...don't make me wait, hurt me know if you're going to do it... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones