• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remote Control for Music?

dgold82

Apr 26, 2010
Does anyone know if there is a remote control (not app) for headphones that can control play/pause/volume? I listen to music at night and on long trips and it would be great to have something like this so I don't have to keep pulling out the phone. This would be the final blow to getting rid of my iPod once and for all :)

Alternatively, I wonder if there is a wireless one via bluetooth but that would kill the battery...

I've been using my Apple in-ear headphones with the remote. I've been using bTunes, which can pause and play music with the remote, but nothing else. I just tried the headphones with DoubleTwist, which can pause and play in addition to skipping to the next track. However, neither seem to support volume adjustment with the given buttons on the remote. Maybe someone will release an app to map headphone buttons to different actions.

Upvote 0
I often do eight - ten hours of bluetooth audio a day without killing my battery. I wish I knew what brand these stereo headsets are.. but they don't say and I don't remember. :( They were a best buy purchase.. mid price range.. behind the head loop. They allow you to place a call / answer a call, adj volume, skip to next tune, and back up a tune. I think most stereo sets will do this for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones