• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

REMOVE facebook bdays from my calendar?!?!?!

fitpays

Lurker
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
I did several searches for this, all to no avail. When I open the calendar, it displays an event for every single day because I have so many friends in my facebook. It is all their birthdays. I really do not need that in there and it is killing my efficiency with my calendar use. I tried to deselect it on the calendar option but it is not selected in the first place.

Please help me with this. I like having the facebook synch to the phone for my contacts pics etc, but I don't need ANY of it in my calendar. If I can not get this situated, I will have to look for another calendar/planner app.

Thanks folks!

So bad news, I am home from work sick. Good news, plenty of time to play with the phone. Tried "touch calendar" app and it did the same thing. It imported everything from facebook. I uninstalled that, and then went into the regular calendar. I was able to delete on of the bdays, but no option for everything. I changed the view to "list" and then was able to delete EVERYTHING. Not sure how this will pan out in terms of people adding events etc. on facebook, but honestly if I must, I will periodically delete everything and add my dates back in after. Not very efficient for a device that "does" everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones