• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove Sprint Start Up Animation

Flip10

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
I'm looking to remove the 'Sprint Now' start-up animation from my HERO (or possibly change it). I'm just too impatient to wait for my phone to start up. Does anyone know if there is a way I can do this? And if so, can you give me a step-by-step?

I thought I could access the phone's system via the USB cable provided but I can't see in the file system where it could be.

Thanks.

I'm looking to remove the 'Sprint Now' start-up animation from my HERO (or possibly change it). I'm just too impatient to wait for my phone to start up. Does anyone know if there is a way I can do this? And if so, can you give me a step-by-step?

I thought I could access the phone's system via the USB cable provided but I can't see in the file system where it could be.

Thanks.

You will have to root your phone for fast boot

Upvote 0

Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum! I don't think removing the animation will speed up the boot, I think it just gives something to show it is working while it is booting.

As Andy mentioned, Rooting and changing the ROM to a custom one can speed up the boot process somewhat. And gives you other options as well. Have a look at the All Things Root sub-forum.

There are ways to change the animation...try this thread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones