• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing a picture from a gallery

Yesterday, we finally got the upgrade to 4.1.2 from AT&T. (yeah, I know, finally.) Since the upgrade I have a new folder in my gallery called auto backup. It contains only 1 picture, from 6 months ago. I cannot remove the folder or the picture. Tapping on a picture usually brings up the icon for sharing and delete. This one does not show the delete icon. If i connect my phone to my computer, my normal way of managing pictures, this folder doesn't even show. Is there any to get rid of this picture and this folder?

Yesterday, we finally got the upgrade to 4.1.2 from AT&T. (yeah, I know, finally.) Since the upgrade I have a new folder in my gallery called auto backup. It contains only 1 picture, from 6 months ago. I cannot remove the folder or the picture. Tapping on a picture usually brings up the icon for sharing and delete. This one does not show the delete icon. If i connect my phone to my computer, my normal way of managing pictures, this folder doesn't even show. Is there any to get rid of this picture and this folder?

Auto Back up is a recent Android feature, which backs up automatically your photos and videos to G+ private gallery. The folder in your gallery, is a mere mirror of your G+ photo. If it's just one, I assume is some profile pic you used before.

Anyway:
Go to Settings, and under Accounts open Google and deselect the SYNC for Auto Back up.
Then open Application Manager, view ALL and look for gallery. Open Gallery app, and CLEAR DATA.
Clear data will not physically remove any photos from the gallery. It will only trash and rebuild folder structure based on existing folders content. And it will remove the Auto Back up, till you enable that feature back on again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones