• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing email/personal info from Accounts & Sync?

darpa999

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
I just logged onto to my Google Play account (from my phone) to download some apps but under the Accounts And Sync, it still shows my email info. Even though my phone is protected with a PIN code to unlock, I dont want my email to be revealed. I tried removing it, but whenever I attempt to remove it from the Accounts & Sync, a message says that I can only remove it by doing a factory reset.
Please, is there any other way to remove without resetting the phone?

Thanks!

Google should give you the option of logging in and out via password if you want it. Or no direct link to play - but use the browser and log in.

That wouldn't take the info off the phone - just hide it if that's what you want. Just like on the computer. Most prefer the convenience of the current way, some don't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones