• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing the System bar from Transformer Prime?

milew666

Apr 25, 2012
I have been looking and looking for something to do this, I do not know how to root, so I guess that is out unless there is a great tutorial.

I have the Transformer prime and love all of it except for the fact that I cannot use all 10.1 inches of the screen because of the black system bar along the bottom and top while watching video. I do not mind while browsing, but damn, promoting a 10.1 inch screen, the you turn it long ways to watch video at maximun width, and you have this bar at the bottom that takes up almost an inch and another 1/2 inch at the top! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Galaxy nexus is on the same OS (ICS) and when I watch video, it disappears then reapears when you touch in the soft key area. The buttons dim on the prime but the bar remains and for 500$ I should be able to access the entire screen...I mean, you can on the IPAD

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones