• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Repair My Zio

Scoat

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
I have a Cricket Zio that I recently dropped, well now the speaker isn't working so i can't play music threw it or even hear it when it rings, the little speaker is fine. What I am needing is where i can buy the speaker or a similar speaker that will work in its place that i can replace on my own so i don't have to pay $75 to get it worked on when its a $90 phone. I have already taken the speaker out and tested it i just cant find it online. I also called kyocera and they gave me a number to call for the speaker and that company only sells business to business. The next step im going to try is calling cell repair shops around town and see if they will just sell me one cheaper than $75, but i haven't been able to get a hold of anyone at the repair shops. if anyone has any better suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a Cricket Zio that I recently dropped, well now the speaker isn't working so i can't play music threw it or even hear it when it rings, the little speaker is fine. What I am needing is where i can buy the speaker or a similar speaker that will work in its place that i can replace on my own so i don't have to pay $75 to get it worked on when its a $90 phone. I have already taken the speaker out and tested it i just cant find it online. I also called kyocera and they gave me a number to call for the speaker and that company only sells business to business. The next step im going to try is calling cell repair shops around town and see if they will just sell me one cheaper than $75, but i haven't been able to get a hold of anyone at the repair shops. if anyone has any better suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post a part number and as much info as possible please. I know lots of sources and it is my guess, Kyocera is using an off the shelf part. In the mean time, try this:

Electronic Components Distributor | DigiKey Corp. | US Home Page

And do a search for Speakers.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones