• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace HTC Lockscreen, an Incredible Find!

Love this app!! I have been testing a new version, and yes it looks like the 'tool mode' bug is fixed!!

Here is my current lock screen:

snap20100810_161034.png

Upvote 0
Kevin, any way to make your digital clock widget interactive so it opens up the alarm clock?

Also, any way to make it so that we can use the widget on our home screens?

Actualy the clock I am using allows you to link it to whatever app you want to (mine is to klaxon). It is called DigiClock and it is pretty customizable....here is the appbrain link:

DigiClock Widget - Android app on AppBrain

What do you mean by use the widget on your home screen?

Upvote 0
Actualy the clock I am using allows you to link it to whatever app you want to (mine is to klaxon). It is called DigiClock and it is pretty customizable....here is the appbrain link:

DigiClock Widget - Android app on AppBrain

What do you mean by use the widget on your home screen?

WidgetLocker has a clock widget that I like and I wouldn't mind being able to use it once my phone is unlocked on one of my home screens since it's pretty simple and nice looking.

I'll check out your suggestions. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Correct. Thats why he was requesting it ;)

Yes. I am greedy. I want $100 worth for the 99 cents I spent. ;) I'm requesting we be able to use it on the home screen and Kevin add the ability to access my alarm by clicking his clock widget. That said, I will not be upset if it's not added as WidgetLocker already surpasses my expectations.

Upvote 0
I use Sense, and I accidentally hit a Scene setting which cleared all my home screen layouts, so I put set up my wallpaper, widgets, etc. again. I have a Widget Locker icon on my main home screen, which I use to launch WL quickly before I put the phone in my pocket, etc. However, since this happened it always goes into Tool mode when hitting the icon. Before, it would go to lock mode. I looked at all the settings, and I can't figure it out. Anyone know what I am missing?

(and if anyone knows how to save my layout config in case this happens again somehow, i'd appreciate it.)

Upvote 0
I use Sense, and I accidentally hit a Scene setting which cleared all my home screen layouts, so I put set up my wallpaper, widgets, etc. again. I have a Widget Locker icon on my main home screen, which I use to launch WL quickly before I put the phone in my pocket, etc. However, since this happened it always goes into Tool mode when hitting the icon. Before, it would go to lock mode. I looked at all the settings, and I can't figure it out. Anyone know what I am missing?

That is actually the way it is supposed to work. Locking by the icon or the notification-bar will always result in opening in tool mode. I don't see any way around it (I have suggested in the past a unique settings 'app' for WidgetLocker would be a good way to go IHMO) except to either let the screen black out + lock naturally, or hit the power button on top of the Inc to lock the device. WidgetLocker will not open in tool mode that way.

(and if anyone knows how to save my layout config in case this happens again somehow, i'd appreciate it.)

If you mean the entire home layout in Sense, hit Menu > Scenes > Save. It willl let you name the layout and save it. Not sure how many you can save, but I have about 3-4 so far.

Upvote 0
Okay I figured it out. I put a program icon on my home screen when reconfiguring, which took me straight to tool mode. But adding a shortcut to WL instead, which uses the same icon, takes me straight to lock mode. :)

If you mean the entire home layout in Sense, hit Menu > Scenes > Save. It willl let you name the layout and save it. Not sure how many you can save, but I have about 3-4 so far.

Thank you!!

Reactions: syrguy1969
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones